How to make a complaint about RSH

How to make a complaint about the service you have received from us.

Applies to England

You can complain about the service RSH has provided, including:

  • failure of our staff to follow RSH procedures
  • poor treatment by RSH staff, e.g., rudeness or not doing something we said we would do
  • discrimination
  • undue delays
  • not responding to phone calls, emails or letters
  • not answering complaints fully and promptly
  • failure to comply with our published service standards.

If you are not sure whether RSH is able to consider your complaint, we will be happy to advise you.

You should send the details of your complaint to the Referrals and Regulatory Enquiries team no later than three months after you became aware of the problem or should reasonably have become aware of it.

You can send your complaint by post or email or speak to a member of the team. You should include as much information as possible so that the team can fully address the concerns that you have raised.

If you remain dissatisfied after we have assessed and responded to your initial complaint, you can request a review of the complaint by an independent team within the regulator.

Our review will not re-assess the decision; it will examine how we have handled the information provided and whether it has been consistent with our policies and procedures.

Find out more about:

How to contact us

By mail:

Referrals and Regulatory Enquiries team
Regulator of Social Housing
Level 2
7-8 Wellington Place
Leeds LS1 4AP

By email:

By telephone: 0300 124 5225. Choose option 3

Published 2 April 2024